Each morning we wake up to do our routine, and it can be depressing. It only needs one bad beginning in the morning to leave the rest of the day ruined. But you can change that with Yoga.
Yoga has been practiced since the ancient time to bring harmony to one’s body. It combines meditation, stretching and muscle strength training. The vision is to make the whole body works in synergy so that it can improve daily performance.
Read this through if you do not have a problem with stretching. If you are too overweight, do not be discouraged. Look for a personal trainer, such as the ones from Momentum Yoga. You will learn the difference between Moon & Sun Hatha and Vinyasa, and how you can incorporate them to achieve the fittest condition of your body.
But here, we will learn the basic and easy yoga poses to freshen your body before you start the daily activities.
Mountain Pose stretches the skeletal muscles from your neck, shoulders, and to your ribs. Here are the steps to do it:
- Prepare a good quality mattress that will not get slippery with your sweat.
- Stand with a relaxed posture. Hands placed on the hips, and legs open as wide as the shoulders.
- Raise your hands until your fingertips touch one and another. Take a deep breath as you raising your hand. Count from one to eight, and that period shall be the length of your inhalation.
- Hold your position for at least 2 seconds.
- Put down your arms as you exhale the air. But do not rush it. Move your arms slowly as the air is coming out from your nose. Enjoy every air entering your body. And feel the bloodstream from your heart rushing to your brain.
Cat & Cow Pose
Cat & Cow Pose stretches the back muscles, down from the hips and up to the neck. It corrects your vertebrae from the abuse of sitting for a long time or an unhealthy sleep position.
Here is how to do it:
- Place your knees and your hands on the mattress with your back flattened. Makes sure that your spine is in the straight position and do not place your knees too far from your abdomen.
- Pay attention to your elbow. Make sure that your elbows are straight. Do not open your arms wider than your shoulders.
- After you are comfortable with the posture, contract your spine upward as your neck downward, and your spine downward as your neck upward. Inhale in the previous move and exhale during the latter. Finish one set and feel the muscle contraction. You should then realize that your heart is pumping the blood faster.
Side Bend is a relaxation posture. Lift your arms upward as you inhale. Bend to the right as you hold your hands above your head and exhale. Do the same to the opposite side and repeat the move three or four times.